Peel, core and chop apples until you have enough to fill up your crockpot. I only filled mine up to about half way but seeing the end result and how much it reduces I would fill it to the brim next time.
Add:
1 cup white sugar
2 cups apple cider
sprinkle of cinnamon (more if you love cinnamon like I do)
Set your crock pot on high for 8-10 hours and let the apple cinnamony goodness begin.
I also would check every few hours to make sure things were tasting yummy.
Here we are at 3 hours at the top and 8 hours on the bottom picture. You can see how dark and lovely it gets over time.
The only thing missing from this recipe is the scent...when will they figure out how to add smells to our digital pictures?? Most likely at the same time we are flying around in little spaceships identical to the one the Jetson's owned.
Since I can't convey how delicious this apple concoction smelled I will just leave it up to your imaginations. The house had this wonderfully autumnish scent though out the day while this was cooking.
Crock pots are not just for super easy and time saving suppers anymore...we can now add Apple Butter to it's resume.
The last thing on my list was to take this little bit of heaven and package it into jars. I chose to use these itty bitty 250 ml jars cause they are just so darn cute but also small enough that once I open a jar it won't take long to empty it which also leads to feeling like I can actually finish one off myself and I don't have to worry about it sitting at the back of the fridge feeling neglected and unloved.
They are also the perfect size to give away as gifts to friends and family :)
We also made apple sauce and three apple crisps that are waiting in the wings or the freezer until we finish off what is left of the pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving.




1 comment:
Perfect size, those little jars. Wouldn't weigh too much for exporting it to The Netherlands *wink*
Love xx
Post a Comment