Every year Fortis puts on a Family fishing fun day with a ball tourney as well and last year we just didn't get our act together in time to attend. Not this year...we hauled the trailer out, set up camp and got down to some serious ball playing...okay maybe not that serious but the kids had a blast when they were up to bat. Actually after seeing how well they did I think Greg is now convinced to put them both in ball next spring instead of soccer (hallelujah). There was so much to do that we didn't get any fishing done but somehow that was not a problem for me...I am not a fisher woman by any stretch. The kids did win prizes though, Hailey got a box of golf balls (I think her dad had some influence over her choice there), Logan chose a fishing rod, I chose a windproof vest and Greg nabbed off with more golf balls. There literally was a prize for everyone in attendance, which is what I like (I hate being skunked)!
We will definitely be attending again next year.
On Sunday we took a little hike up to a waterfall just outside the campground. The water was so cold we avoided stepping in it but I bet around August it is just the right temperature.
We also were lucky enough to run into a friend who owned a farm near by and had baby goats a lamb and pigs that he offered to show us. The kids got a real kick out of seeing them up close and in person :)
No comments:
Post a Comment