Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Busy just doesn't quite do it


Any family I know can easily tell you how busy life gets as the kids get older. I had always heard this but never really thought of it. I was happily watching my toddlers play with their toys and waddle around with little squeaks of momma this and momma that, it really didn't phase me that one day these little people would have busy lives of their own.

Logan is our hockey player/Beaver/skier. True to his gender he seems to be going from one sport to another to something else all in a day or two. Last weekend he had a hockey tournament in Nelson which ate up the weekend when you consider you drive one hour to get there and then play two games on Saturday and one game on Sunday. That weekend is gone in the blink of an eye. And if it's not hockey it's a Beaver event that often happens on a weekend. Skiing is a winter event...every weekend we can fit it in.

Hailey is a skier first, Cub second and skater third. She loves the ski hill, wants to be there every free moment she has on a weekend and I have to say I too love being there. It is a beautiful sight to see when you stand at the top of a mountain and take it all in. Nothing like it in the world.

This weekend we have another hockey tournament in Castlegar which will again eat up our weekend and most likely keep us off the ski hill much to Hailey's disappointment. I am trying to figure out how to please both kids by watching him play in his tournament and also ski with her...wonder if cloning myself would be an option???

I complain but in all honesty I have to say I am blessed to have two healthy active children who are lucky enough to live in a place where people come to vacation.

1 comment:

Nena said...

I love to hear about your adventures!!! I can't believe how busy you guys are! Not sure if I am looking forward to those days, or dreading them! Ha ha ha. Love the new blog template! Looks fantastic!