

That was this years theme for Cuboree. Both kidlets attended the weekend event in Cranbrook, it was Hailey's 2nd Cuboree and Logan's 1st. Even with rainy conditions everyone seemed to have a great time. The kids tented in little groups while Greg and I camped away from the Cub community. I wasn't sure how Logan would cope with sleeping in a tent with other Cubs and not mom and dad but he managed without much trouble. He did ask on the last night if he could sleep in our tent but after a bit of coaxing he was back in his own tent for the night. Hailey was not as easily swayed, she ended up at our tent around midnight. All in all it was a fun weekend although I am still amazed Logan didn't end up with pneumonia. He didn't change his clothes once that whole weekend. On Sunday morning as they were making their way to the bathrooms to clean up he came trotting or maybe trotting isn't the right word...clomping down the hill with his shoes half on and shivering. I called him over to see how he was and to my surprise his pant legs were soaked, as were his socks and shoes. Now the funny part is that he slept that way...with a gym bag of clean clothes right next to his bed...didn't dawn on him to change into something dry and warm. Sometimes I wonder how this little fella can be related to me :) but that is a whole other blog :) After a 6:30 am wake up call via bagpipes the cubs were up and taking down camp and by 9:30 they were ready to roll. We then took the kids to
Fort Steele for the day before heading home. Fort Steele was amazing, we saw baby foals, baby goats, lambs and their parents of course ;) It was so worth going even though everyone in our family was tired, a bit crabby and extremely grungy (three days without a shower will do that to a person). It was a trip I will repeat one day in the near future but next time I am taking the trailer!

No comments:
Post a Comment