Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seasonal Allergies???

I am completely at a loss as to what is causing Hailey's red marks.  Both times we were at the ER it was thought they were viral or allergies and we were to give her Benadryl, so we did.  This did help clear them up a wee bit but they would return the next day.  We also made the mistake of buying the medicine in caplet form which is what they gave her at the hospital and she was fine with this until she gagged on one...well that was it.  No more caplets, her stubborn gene kicked in and she refused to take anymore.  Now picture her dad refusing to buy her the liquid Benadryl because we have perfectly good ones in pill form.  What I ended up with was a daughter with itchy red dots all weekend long because she preferred that to taking a pill.  Yesterday morning she started out the day with red itchy hands and a couple of marks on her forehead.  When I picked her up from school her face was worse with more marks on her forehead, eyelids and chin.  Once we were home I talked to my parents and was telling them about her stand on the pills...thank god for grandparents...mom went out and bought the children's liquid Benadryl.  We gave Hailey some last night and waa la, the red itchy marks are gone this morning.  I guess if I really had to say what I thought was causing this I would have to admit that it could possibly be allergies.  I know our bodies change and even I have suffered from seasonal allergies at my age having lived all my life never having a problem before.  Stranger things have happened in this crazy life so I admit defeat and say that yes Greg you could be right...she might be allergic to something close to home, I just hope it's not the cats.



Logan and his furry buddy, she loves to sleep on his bed with him at night so you can imagine how thrilled he is about that.  Our other cat Bella has very little to do with our overly excitable son.

No comments: