Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

What in the world is causing this???

Hailey has been fighting some kind of bug since last Wednesday when she called from school to be picked up. It started as a horrid cough and fever of 101 but sometime this weekend it kicked up a notch into little red dots all over her arms and legs.
this is what we first saw on Saturday afternoon...they didn't bug her or itch at all, they mostly just were there.

  Next thing we see is right before bedtime her arms turn into some sort of scratching post so we load her up with allergy medicine and treat her fever and off to bed she goes.  I didn't want to take her to the ER at 9pm on a Sat night as there was a Bull A Rama event going on in town and I knew that it would be a circus at the hospital.  She feel asleep quickly and I kept an eye on her through the night.  Thankfully Sunday morning she woke up with no dots on her arms but the legs were still showing signs of dots.  By days end on Sunday everything had cleared up...even her legs were clear of marks.

Enter Monday morning, we get up and ready for school as usual and off she goes.  I was working at the school so I knew if her fever returned at least I was there and could take her right home.  Everything was fine though and I headed home around 11am.  Shortly after getting home the phone rings and it's Hailey...guess what...the rash has returned and it is worse this time.  I go and pick her up from school to find more dots all over her arms and legs again.
I have her booked in to see the doctor this afternoon.  Whatever is causing these marks/dots is really baffling me!  We have never had any allergies in this family other than Greg's cat allergy but both kids have healthy strong immune systems.  I hope the doctor will figure this one out quickly.

:::::UPDATE::::::
It is Pneumonia with a special bug that is causing the little red dots. She is on antibiotics and we should see a change within 48 hours.

1 comment:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

OMG Nicole!!! Poor Hailey!! I hope they can figure out what it is. That looks like it is very itchy!! Please let me know what it is, incase I run into something like that again! :o(
Hey, Eman chose your name for the earrings!! :D I'll send them to you soon! :) And hmmm seems to me someone's bday is next Sunday...hmmm ohhh I wonder who's? lol! Miss you girl! Hope all is well with you!! xoxo ♥ ♥ ♥