Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wild Turkeys abound


I used to peer intently out the car window while my dad was busy driving, hoping to catch a glance of wildlife, as we made our way from the prairies to the mountains to visit my sister. Looking back now I can count on one hand how many times I did spot something...which doesn't amount to much. Now that I am grown and have made the move myself from the prairies to the mountains I am happy to say that I have seen an abundance of wildlife from bears to mountain goats to wolves to deer and most of these sightings were on the move (me in the car which is pretty much the only way I want to see a bear up close and personal).

The wild turkeys that frequent our yard during the winter months are really something to see, I love watching them through the window while I drink my morning coffee. They somehow make my world peaceful.

2 comments:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

Quick where's the shot gun!! Good eatin tonite!!! J/K!! Are they as annoying as regular turkeys?

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when we drove the bike to Trail. There were more wild turkeys playing chicken on the road than I care to remember! They scared the crap out of me!