Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

It takes a broken bone


To realize just how useful that finger really was but now it is sitting in a splint all immobile and throbbing and shooting pain up my arm when I attempt the simplest of tasks...opening the fridge door, putting a barrette in, pouring a glass of milk...the list goes on. It's my own fault even though I wish I could blame someone or something else. I broke my knuckle right above my baby finger on my right hand...the one I write, type, open, brush, drive, do almost everything with. How are you typing this you may ask?? My secret is...Greg. He even curled my hair for me one night when I was heading out to take in a concert. How lucky am I??

One week into my cast we went skiing...it was a bit awkward and bulky but I managed. Greg nicknamed that hand "the club" and I will post a picture to show you why. Funny stuff :)

Only three more weeks before I am free from this splint...weeeee


NOTE: this blog post was 3 weeks in the making so the pain is much less today than it was when I started this post :P

2 comments:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

Awwww....glad your hand is getting better chickie!! Tell Greg he's a sweetie for curling your hair!! What concert did ya go to?
Miss you!! X0X0

Antoinette said...

OMG Nicole, I didn't even know you broke your hand!! Poor thing. I know exactly what you feel though as I broke my ankle last Monday.
Will try to get online every few days, but I'm in bed most of the time (bed has moved to the living room temporarily)

Take care and I hope you feel better soon

xx
Lubs ya!