I have my 7 yr old daughter home sick for the past two days, mind you she is feeling better today so things are looking up, at any rate my 5 yr old has to be at school at noon, he is in kindergarten and attends a half day everyday. So I get them ready to go hustle them downstairs to the van, jump in and turn the key....clink clink clink...what the ?? Yes the battery is dead so we jump out of the van and start on foot to school. It's not a far walk and it normally wouldn't be much of an issue but today I am dragging...literally...my sick 7 yr old along and she is in no mood to rush. We did finally get to school within a decent amount of time. I blame Sirius Radio for the dead van battery and maybe my husband just a little since he killed the battery this past weekend while he was outside cleaning up the yard and had the music playing in the van for his entertainment. I am sure a quick boost will get us on the road again so I can stop my complaining now but just for now.
Soccer starts tonight and the kids are so hyped, it's more of a social event for these two than the actual game of soccer, that's just something that happens around them while they play with their friends. An extra side of fun for me is that this year I am coaching my son's team, how did I get myself into this you might be asking...well I'm not quite sure myself but I do know that this sahm of two whose past experience of soccer consists of sitting on the sidelines with water bottle in hand socializing with friends is going to give it her best shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment