Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Life, In Spite of Me - Review

I just received my first book for review through Blogging for Books. I chose this book because it seemed like it was too unreal to believe. The author of this book survived a head on suicide attempt with a train and lived to tell her story. I was completely amazed and in awe of anyone who could come out of this kind of tragedy with nothing but love in her heart.

Life, In Spite of Me by Kirsten Jane Anderson




When a 17 year old girl decides to take on a train going full speed on a cold winter night, by laying her body across the tracks, the last thing you expect to happen is for her to survive. Yet against pretty much all the odds she does.

I was taken in by the very first page, this book was written very candidly, straightforward and matter of fact. Kristen gives us insight into what brought her to those train tracks that night but more importantly she walks us through life after facing down almost certain death.

Finding God and having faith that his path holds so much more for her really brings us to understand how making that fateful choice to end her life but surviving to tell her story to others surely has saved lives.

Such an emotional and inspiring story.

2 comments:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

ohhh sounds like a great read! :)

Nicole said...

It's one with a happy ending which is really all I am after ;)