Most people enjoy that first snowfall and who can blame them?? I love the first snow not only because of it's beauty with all that pure white covering the lawn and driveway but because I know that if we are getting snow at our house that means that five minutes straight up the mountain at the ski hill they are getting it too :) More snow please so the ski hill can open sooner rather than later. I am excited to get out there this year and I think that is because the kids are older and are getting braver which translates into harder runs for all 4 of us. I am very comfortable on the easier trails and am ready for something a bit more challenging. Of course that is easy to say as I sit here at my computer desk peering out at the snowy landscape all warm...let's see how I feel once I am standing at the top of a challenging run looking down the steep slope.
With all the snow yesterday I was surprised and inwardly very happy to watch my 8 year old son shovel the entire driveway. I didn't ask him nor was it expected of him but he took it upon himself to do it and what a great job he did. Here's hoping that he continues to do this of his own accord and with only a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows as a reward :) Fingers crossed!
As a little update on Juanita she is doing great! She has adjusted to life surrounded by all this craziness and loves all the attention the kids shower on her. Cammie and Bella aren't too sure what to think of her yet but for as much as they actually see each other so far no problems.
Hailey was doing homework at the table tonight with a little help from a fuzzy friend.



No comments:
Post a Comment