Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My baby turned 8

Watching your children grow is a bitter sweet experience that no one warns you about. It's not like your mom pulls you aside the moment you tell her you're pregnant and she says "watch out sweetie, this having babies and watching them grow into children and young adults is painful and/or heartbreaking and/or will induce tears at times". Nope that isn't a chat I had from someone in the know and now here I am watching them both grow up and in my humble opinion it's going by way too fast.

Logan just celebrated his 8th birthday and what a change a year can bring. He has turned into a little man, not a baby, not a child but this little person full of ideas, opinions and even a bit of drama to boot. My parents bought him a guitar this year and I am happy to report that this particular present has not found its way into a corner collecting dust like so many other gifts from past birthdays. He has been strumming throughout the day, in his room, in the front room, making songs up for me to listen to in the kitchen, in my craft room, while blogging...yes I believe he has found something that interests him.

I am going to wait and see if the music bug has truly bitten first but if it has I will look into lessons for him that way when he follows me through the house picking away at his strings it might actually sound like a song I just might know???

On Saturday we took him out for lunch, his choice and we ended up at Leo's in Nelson (good choice Logan).  Had a tasty lunch and then headed back home but not before stopping at our favourite rest area to check out the waterfall.


Wishing all my Canadian friends a very thankful Thanksgiving :)

No comments: