Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday my not so little Love

My first born is now 10 years old. It's a day that brings so many memories up to the surface of that wonderful August morning for me. I remember looking at the sleeping baby so calm and sweet in her cradle highlighted by sunshine streaming into the hospital window.  She was amazing, she was the little being who had kept me awake night after night with her tumbling and hiccups and now here she was in person.  I also remember thinking  "Oh  my gosh...we have to take her home with us?? What do we do now??" I soon discovered life has a way of teaching you day in and day out how to handle this new little life.  We learned how to raise a baby, how to play with a baby, how to make her smile, giggle, gaze at us with open mouthed awe as only a baby can do and finally how to love her with all our hearts (that was the easy part).

Today I woke up to a young girl who is independent, funny, serious, loving, full of hope and despair (all at once at times) wit and amazing grace. This little being I had some small hand in creating has became a piece of the puzzle I call life and if she had not appeared 10 years ago I would surely not be the person I am today...for the better.

I love you Hailey for all the spirit & grace you bring to this life of mine.





No comments: