Last Saturday Greg and Logan were off at a hockey game while Hailey and I relaxed at home. After the boys got home Greg decides to tell me that Logan and him had been off shopping for my xmas present and had bought it. Which is good and all but maybe he shouldn't be telling the person who he has been married to for 14 years and knows good and well that I hate not knowing what is under the tree for me...I will peek into gift bags if the urge strikes me when no one is watching. So in true Nicole fashion I corner Logan once Greg has headed back downstairs and ask "what did you and daddy buy me for Christmas?" His little face just completely drooped and these sad eyes looked up at me and he said "mommy why are you asking me this"? Well I instantly felt like a heel...I gave him a hug and told him that he should keep that secret and I wouldn't ask him again. With that he continued on his way but I was left feeling like a real jerk and I think that maybe just maybe in that one short instant he has cured me of my bad habit for good.
On a happier note we did get the tree up and decorated for 2009 :) Now if I could just get all the baking done I would be one happy camper.
1 comment:
Ohhh you bad bad mommie!! :p Can't wait for Christmas?? LOL!! One Christmas when I was under 10 I peeked at a present...I never did that again. It totally ruined it for me! Learned my lesson!! Lovely pic of the kiddos & the tree girl!!
So what are we going to do with our no Christmas Spirit selves huh? LOL!
xoxo ♥ ♥
Post a Comment