Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hailey vs Bella


I woke up this morning to the sound of Hailey sobbing so I jumped out of bed and rushed to see what was the matter. She was holding her face and crying and I could see the blood dripping from her mouth. I asked what happened and she said "Bella". Our cat is a pretty loving patient feline but she does not like to be constrained or held for too long. Hailey knows this, infact she has a scratch on her arm from the wrist to the elbow to prove this.
I have to admit that when I was a kid I was famous for loving my cats too much, like a cartoon character that has a death grip on a little animal and chanting "I just love you so much" meanwhile the little animal is turning blue...yes that was me and just maybe Hailey is a wee bit like me. At any rate I wasn't sure who I was more upset with this morning but considering the cat was only trying to get away I have to turn my attention to Hailey and make her understand that she needs to give the cat space and when she does that I know Bella will come to her which is exactly what she is craving.

Here is a picture I took right before school this morning. I said to Hailey that she looked sad in the picture and her response was "of course I'm sad, it hurts".

3 comments:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

Awwww poor Hailey! Evan does that with our cat too! I feel bad for the kids although they SHOULD know to back off and leave the kitties alone.

Nicole said...

I know it should be ingrained in their minds but yet she still gets scratches time and again.

Nena said...

Love Hailey's response. "Of course I'm sad - it hurts!" so like her! ha ha ha. Poor girl. I feel bad that she was scratched - but maybe it's just what she needed to learn not to hug quite so tight!