
Stays together...ever heard that one??? That just might sum up my life...possibly put it on my tombstone. Every year from December (when the ski hill opens) till March (when it closes) our lives literally revolve around the ski hill. We started skiing with our kids about 3 years ago and now we have one involved with the resort's ski club and the younger one will be doing the same thing next year. This year he chose hockey over skiing but has already said he wants to join the racers next year, I guess hockey will take a back seat til he is older. Alright jumping back onto my rambling thought train...the point I was veering towards is this...I watch my children become involved in sports that I almost never realized existed when I was their age. I mean sure I knew about hockey but most girls didn't play it and skiing was not even an option since we lived on the prairies and the closest we came to skiing was a 40 mile an hour wind a patch of ice and slick shoes...
I love the fact that we have been able to give them these opportunities now let's see them run with it. I am excited to see how far they can take it, how strong of a desire they will have to keep up with their chosen sports. Here's to hoping we instill in them a love of sports.
No comments:
Post a Comment