Camping...I look forward to it every summer and every summer after spending a few long hot days out under the blazing sun with nothing but a tent between me and the heat I wonder why I look forward to it. Ahh now I remember, the kids, that is why I get so excited about those weekends at the lake fending off the sunburn and bugs and worrying about some silly bear finding his way into my tent, it's because of how much the kids love it. It all becomes clear again. But really how did the British royality do it all those years ago, no baths for how long??? Months was it??? After waking up on my third no shower morning I was ready to be done with this whole tenting thing. Getting home to life's little comforts is the best feeling in the world next to their happy faces. I guess in the big scheme of things being dirtier than dirt for a few days while your kids run, swim, build sand castles and sleep soundly is worth it.
Friday, July 4, 2008
All camping no showering...
Camping...I look forward to it every summer and every summer after spending a few long hot days out under the blazing sun with nothing but a tent between me and the heat I wonder why I look forward to it. Ahh now I remember, the kids, that is why I get so excited about those weekends at the lake fending off the sunburn and bugs and worrying about some silly bear finding his way into my tent, it's because of how much the kids love it. It all becomes clear again. But really how did the British royality do it all those years ago, no baths for how long??? Months was it??? After waking up on my third no shower morning I was ready to be done with this whole tenting thing. Getting home to life's little comforts is the best feeling in the world next to their happy faces. I guess in the big scheme of things being dirtier than dirt for a few days while your kids run, swim, build sand castles and sleep soundly is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a bad mom, even the kids excitement won't get me into camping! Ever!
Sometimes you need a vacation from the vacation.. Camping is one of those "vacations"
My husband wants to do a camping trip in a couple of years across the UK. I love camping but even an old hand camper like me would like to know how a non camper like him is going to work out the logistics of a 3 kids under the age of 7.....
Post a Comment