
We have been promising the kids for over a year now that we would take them float tubing down the South Slocan River, ever since Greg and I went a couple of years ago. The only reason we didn't take them that first time was we had no idea what we were getting into. Is the river fast, are there rapids, will the water be too cold. After going ourselves we knew that our kids would be fine and should enjoy it. So we bought them life jackets, filled up the tubes and a cooler and off we went. Along the way we saw an eagle sitting in a tree close to the water just watching us float by, he didn't seem to be concerned with us in the least.
All in all it was a good day, we did run into some cooler weather as storm clouds started to appear and a bit of a wind kicked up but luckily it didn't start to rain until we were packing our tubes back into the van and heading home. I have to say it was a bit of a workout near the end since we were racing against the storm clouds, we had the tubes all tied together and Luana and I were swimming with all our might as Greg and Steven lounged behind letting us do all the work...men :P I am thinking we might do a repeat float next weekend with Greg's work crew.
1 comment:
The eagle is just awesome!!
Post a Comment