Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

And so it goes

It was bound to happen and finally it did. I ate dirt while riding down Cemetery on my Green Beastie. I think we are both fine but definitely have the bruises to prove it. In all fairness, Greg had the beast out on Saturday morning and took a few spills that ended up bending the brake handle so when I went out this morning my back brake was not like the shiny brand new brake I remembered instead it was almost non existent and after a few hard pulls on the brake I pitched myself right off into some brush. Well at least that is over...now I can get on with this whole mountain biking experience like a real live bruised up rider. The beast will have to go in for a new brake though since it was making some pretty sad sounds as I inched my way down the trail. I am thinking it's time for Greg to get his own bike and that way I can muck up my own bike instead of him doing it for me :)

On a happier note, Logan has now learned to ride his bike without his training wheels...yay Logan!! Family rides will be much easier to do now with him being able to keep up and we can finally look at a bigger bike for him too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I have soooo been there and in front of people "who mattered", on another note I also know the joy of seeing your eldest ride with training wheels for the first time. x

Antoinette said...

Oh my, I knew it would happen sooner or later. Glad it's only bruises!
You've won an award gurl, stop by my blog

Love x