Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sneaky mom tactics

I find the older my kids get the less they will eat, all of a sudden foods that were once staples in our household are outcast-ed...my son is a great example, PB&J sandwiches used to be all the rage then he was introduced to Nutella and bye bye PB&J.  My daughter is a fussy little thing, she won't eat rice, most vegetables and some fruits are on the no no list.  She is also very stubborn about it, I can't even bribe her to try a smidge of something she has a preconceived notion about.  It is very frustrating and I find their logic is not logical.  What's a mom to do??  Okay let me tell you what this mom is doing...I am sneaking healthy ingredients into meals without them having a clue!  It is the best thing ever!!  I love how they gush about  a new recipe I made when really I am fooling them into eating healthy...hee hee hee!
So here are the ones that have worked for me thus far...

Quinoa Coconut Cookies
these have chocolate chips also which disguise the healthy ingredient.


Chocolate milkshake and smoothies - I sneak in coconut milk instead of milk...I love it! I also throw in fruit like mango and blueberries and blackberries (this is more for my daughters benefit than my son as he will eat any and all fruit.

It's a small list but it's a start :)


No comments: