Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sleeping in




Of all the things kids inherit from their parents, sleeping in doesn't seem to be one of them. Greg and I know how to sleep in, before we had kids I think we rarely saw morning light. Sleeping away the day was an art form we had perfected. Enter a newborn baby and that perfected art slips away quickly. Not only did my sleep disappear with the cries of a newborn but 10 years later I still have trouble sleeping in. On school days we are up early, on weekends we are up early to ski/play hockey/eat breakfast...you get the idea. Now today was supposed to be a sleep in day as the kids both had the day off school and we let them stay up later than usual to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid on Netflix...imagine my surprise when at 6:30AM both of my little darlings were wide awake and raring to go. So not the children of my loins...cannot be...I never ever ever ever was a early riser...never...I will blame Greg's side.

On the bright side I did get lots of cleaning and even some downsizing of toys done today so it's not been a total loss.

3 comments:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

Hahaha OMG I know how you feel Nicole. Sleeping in for me is til 8am. Wait... what?? That's not sleeping in. lol hope all is well with you guys!!

staceid said...

I'm a bad Mommy... when C was very young we simply left the TV tuned to channel 9 (PBS) and taught her how to turn it on so she could watch her shows until I woke up an hour or so after she did.

Nicole said...

Bonnie we are doing well :) Miss chatting with you but you are a busy little miss lately! Hope you are keeping out of trouble!

Stacey I love that idea and will now steal it and call it my own :)