Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Lesson Learned

We were shopping on Saturday in the local dollar store and Hailey found a package of dry erase markers that she wanted.  After going through the till and getting out to the car and driving away I realize Hailey is still holding the markers and I ask "did we pay for those?"  No we didn't...once Hailey realized that that meant she shoplifted she flew into an all out cry "but I am not a shoplifter, I forgot I had them in my hand" she squeaked and the tears started.  I felt bad for her but knew there was a lesson in there.  She wanted to go back to the store and tell the lady what had happened which was the right thing to do so back we went.  She ended up returning them even though we gave her enough money to buy them this time.  The relief on her face when she came back out of that store was priceless.  The lady working at the store was very kind and thanked Hailey for being so honest :)

Random Picture Moment:  After downloading the pictures off my camera I came across this little ditty.  Wonder if the girls were cooking or just hanging out???

1 comment:

✿ɮCɮαw~ɳée✿ said...

Awww poor Hailey. Glad she was able to correct her mistake. Those are lessons well learned aren't they?