
Way back in September, Logan joined the local beaver's group and Hailey joined the brownies, this all seemed to be going well until one night in January when the beavers held a "bring a friend" night. No wait...I think it started the night the beavers did a sleep over at one of the community halls here that Hailey decided she wanted to join beavers. Well who are Greg and I to say no to one of our children wanting to participate in something we think is worthwhile and helps them develop into nicely rounded and adjusted youth. So we said "sure you can join" almost half thinking to ourselves that she will finish out the year and be back to brownies next fall. To my surprise she is loving being involved even though she is the only girl in her troop. It doesn't bother her in the least. Next year she will be of the age to join the cub scouts and I know she is the only girl there too, at this point at least. It will be interesting to see if she is as jazzed about Cubs as she was about Beavers without her brother in the same group.
This past weekend they had an event called Beaveree, it's an all day program where the local beaver groups all gather.
The theme this year was Mad Scientists, they had 6 different areas set up that involved a science project and the kids moved from one table to another testing out the experiments. It was a great day and both kids left there tried but happy.
1 comment:
OMG I can't believe it, you are blogging again!! Will add you to my reads asap :)
Wait till Hailey reaches the age where boys are "stupid" but I'm so glad she still enjoys their company!
Post a Comment